Ed DeCosta is one of the most engaging executive coaches and thought leaders of our time. He delivers results with companies of all sizes, from high tech start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations. Ed is a dynamic global speaker, who has shared the stage with the likes of John Maxwell, Darren Hardy, Christian Simpson, Les Brown, Nick Vujicic and others. He is an acclaimed author of books focused on personal and professional development, including ASCEND and Release Your Superhero. Ed has impacted countless lives as the developer and publisher of Ascend on Demand, an online personal development training program with users from around the globe. He is a force on social media with hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Like clockwork, Ed publishes a long-standing weekly coaching blog, and also hosts a weekly YouTube show called “Get Edified.” He has worked with best-selling author and leadership guru John C. Maxwell, and served as one of a select few international faculty members in the Maxwell Leadership Development Program. Ed is also an ICF certified professional coach.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Having a better presence on social media, especially Linkedin
- How we are all salespeople regardless of our job or position
- Strategies to be more effective in selling anything
- Why you MUST pay attention to your Linkedin profile above all else
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Ed’s Website: www.EdDecosta.com
Ed’s Email: email@example.com
Ed’s Online Training Program: www.eddecosta.com/ascend-on-demand
Check out Ed’s YouTube channel and get EDified by clicking here.
Get My Daily EDge for free. It is a productivity tool that is based on the 7 habits.
“No one ever lost a sale by listening. The best communicators are listeners.” (Ed Decosta)
“Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” (Stephen Covey)
Some of the books that Ed DeCosta has authored includes …
- Ascend: A Coach’s Roadmap for Taking Your Performance to New Heights
- Release Your Superhero: How to Shed the Villains and Soar in Business and in Life
- Mastering the Art of Success: Volume 8
Recommended Books …
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen Covey
Ed was one of the 5 Faculty Teaching Mentors that I had when I went through the John Maxwell leadership coaching certification. He is the first faculty member that I interviewed but I have interviewed some fellow John Maxwell Team members. You can listen to their interviews below …
- Misty Young – Episode 005
- Rick A. Morris – Episode 009
- Greg and Julie Gorman – Episode 012
- Jeff Raver – Episode 035
- Justin Maust – Episode 040
Ed DeCosta in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Get a free audio book download from one of our past podcast guests including Kevin Harrington, Micheal Burt, Jeremie Kubicek, Kelly Roach, and Pat Williams.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”