Jerod Ward was the #1 high school basketball player in the country in 1994. As the top recruit, he could choose to play college ball anywhere and he chose The University of Michigan. Multiple knee surgeries kept him from achieving his NBA dream but he still had a solid four year career for the Wolverines helping them beat Duke three straight years, win the National Invitational Tournament and the Big Ten Tournament. Jerod then went on to have a long career playing professional basketball worldwide. Jerod now travels across the country as a professional speaker. He has even been on stage for a Tedx Talk presenting on the topic of EATing Adversity. Even though he is retired from playing basketball, Jerod still stays close to the game he loves as he works as a college basketball analyst with networks including ESPN, FOX Sports. Jerod lives in Sarasota, Florida with his wife Tricia and daughter Violet.
- His decision to attend college and not turn pro out of high school
- What it was like being the best high school player in the nation
- The Lebron James vs. Michael Jordan debate
- Playing professional basketball for 14 years
- How we can overcome adversity we face in life
Resources, Books, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Articles of interest …
- Former NBA player, Jerod Ward, hosts free youth clinic
- Star-studded event brings out sports celebrities
- STYLE CLOSET ENVY: Winning ways, Jerod Ward
- Looking back on Michigan’s top recruits from the last 20 years.
- Former pro player not surprised at Lebron’s move
- The story of Lebron James and the 2003 Boston summer league
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Brandon Bostick (former Green Bay Packer TE) – Episode 091
- Brittany Horschel (PGA Tour Wife) – Episode 084
- Keith Grabowski (USA Football) – Episode 083
- JJ Birden (Former NFL Wide Receiver) – Episode 074
- Shemy Schembechler (son of Michigan Football Coach Bo Schembechler) – Episode 042
- Rob Miller (Proactive Coaching Partner) – Episode 017
- Pat Williams (Orlando Magic Senior V.P. & Co-Founder) – Episode 004
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) – Episode 001
Jerod Ward in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”