Curtis J. Hollomon is the director of leadership development at the NCAA. His primary duties include strategic advancement of the department, marketing and branding efforts, and program oversight of Resolution Initiatives, NCAA Champion Forum for Football, and Pathway Program (DI). Before coming to the NCAA in 2005, Hollomon was the assistant athletics director for operations and development at St. Cloud (Minnesota) State University. Prior to his duties at SCSU, Hollomon served as assistant to the directors at the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, a nonprofit organization responsible for maintaining the intercollegiate athletics program at Tech. A 1999 graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Hollomon was a three-year letterman in football and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in history, technology and society. He holds a master’s degree in sports administration, which he obtained while at St. Cloud State.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- The great work that the NCAA is doing in the area of leadership
- Knowing your “why” and what your passions are
- Developing student-athletes to turn pro in something other than sports
- Winning an ACC Football Championship while at Georgia Tech
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest …
- Bobby Cox (IHSAA Commissioner) – Episode 019
- Tim Selgo (former Grand Valley State A.D.) – Episode 052
- Alicia Jessop (founder of RulingSports) – Episode 047
- Mike Hamilton (former Tennessee A.D.) – Episode 043
- Anton Goff (St. John’s A.D.) – Episode 010
- Celia Slater (former Executive Director of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy) – Episode 030
The NCAA in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a pEpiodcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”