Kaya Jones was one of the singers for The Pussycat Dolls, which is one of the most popular girl groups in history having sold more than 15 million albums & 40 million singles worldwide. She was discovered and first signed to a deal by R. Kelly in 1999 (when she was 13 years old). Kaya has worked with Britney Spears, Mick Jagger, D12, R.Kelly, Dada Life, Calvin Harris, Backstreet Boys, Eminem & Katy Perry to name a few. Kaya has also developed the Hollywood Doll brand, which designs and manufactures a line of dolls, and fashion and beauty products for young girls. And, at the age of 26, Jones became the youngest female in history to start her own record label, HueMan Race Records. Kaya has brought her own sound to the masses and developed her career as a solo artist.
In 2017 her song “What The Heart Don’t Know” shot up the chart to #3 behind Taylor Swift and P!NK. She stopped the promos for the song in order to focus on raising money for Hurricane Harvey and was successful in raising almost 3 million dollars for the relief efforts. She also went to Houston to help feed and distribute clothing to churches and food to victims, as well as first responders. In 2017, Kaya became a very out-spoken supporter of President Trump. On October 1, 2017 she was in Las Vegas and on stage with Big and Rich one hour before the worst mass shooting in US history. She became an Ambassador for the NDC (National Diversity Coalition for President Trump) and also a Director for the URC (Urban Revitalization Coalition for President Trump. In 2018, Kaya had the honor of singing the National Anthem for the President and Vice President of the United States over the course of two days at CPAC.
- Signing a recording contract as a 13-year old
- The time spent with the musical group The Pussycat Dolls
- Being part of a Grammy nominate country album
- Her political and religious views
- … and so much more!!!
Resources, Books, and Links
Articles of interest …
- Christian singer Jason Crabb teams up with pop star Kaya Jones on new album ‘Unexpected’
- Kaya Jones: Hollywood’s Promotion of Abortion Shows ‘How Evil Our World Has Become’
- Kaya Jones Talks Values and Pop Culture
Recommended Shows in Las Vegas …
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Phil Hellmuth (15x World Series of Poker Champion) – Episode 108
- Nicole Arbour (Comedian & Entertainer) – Episode 088
- Stephanie Harvey (5x World Champion Professional eSports Gamer) – Episode 087
- Mark Fauser (TV & Movie Actor, Director, Screenwriter, and Producer) – Episode 068
- Tracy Randall (Grammy Nominee and President of Lavish Records) – Episode 067
- Brad Lea (CEO of Lightspeed VT & Dropping Bombs Podcast) – Episode 066
- Bill Coelius (Actor & Creator of The Working Actor Solution) – Episode 025
- Kevin Harrington (Original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) – Episode 001
Kaya Jones in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, Jon Gordon, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”