Bob Burg was named by The American Management Association as one of the 30 Most Influential Leaders. He is a much sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences on topics at the core of the Go-Giver books. A former television personality and top-producing salesperson, Bob has shared the platform with some of today’s top business leaders, broadcast personalities, coaches, athletes, and political leaders, including a former U.S. president. In addition to coauthoring the bestselling Go-Giver books with John David Mann, Bob has authored a number of popular books, including the critically acclaimed, Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts Into Sales and Adversaries into Allies. His total book sales are well over a million copies. Bob is one of Inc.’s 100 Great Leadership Speakers. Richtopia named him one of the Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Various definitions and ideas of what success really is
- What a Go-Giver actually is – as opposed to a go-getter
- How a “drive-by” mentor changed his outlook on life
- A bad first question that most of us ask
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Bob’s website: www.TheGoGiver.com
Listen to Bob’s critically acclaimed “Go-Giver” podcast at www.thegogiver.com/podcast
- Endless Referrals
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea
- The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation
- The Go-Giver Leader: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business
- Adversaries into Allies: Master the Art of Ultimate Influence
Bob recommends the following books …
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferriss
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
- The Secret of Selling Anything by Harry Browne
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Bob’s company uses Infusion Soft, which is a CRM, sales and marketing software.
“Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.” (John Wooden)
Bob Burg in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Get a free audio book download of one of Bob’s books from our friends at Audible. Now, you can listen to one of his best-selling books in your car or while you are exercising at the gym!
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”