Brittany Horschel is the wife of PGA Tour pro and 2014 Fed Ex Cup Playoff Champion Billy Horschel. After Billy won the Byron Nelson tournament in May 2017, she publicly announced that the weekend had marked her one year anniversary of being sober. Since then she has appeared on Good Morning America and started TheSoberModernMom.com blog to help others going through similar situations.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Life as a PGA Tour wife
- Picking out clothes for her husband
- Her battle with alcoholism
- Advice for people who know someone battling addiction
Resources, Books, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Billy’s Website: BillyHorschelGolf.com
Billy’s Instagram: @BillyHo_Golf
Billy’s Twitter: @BillyHo_Golf
Articles of Interest . . .
- Horschels Battle with Alcoholism (Golf Digest)
- Billy Horschel says wife Brittany is two years sober
- Emotional 2017 win got Billy Horschel game back on track
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Paul Tesori (PGA Caddie for Webb Simpson) – Episode 080
- Sue Enquist (Hall of Fame Softball Coach at UCLA) – Episode 077
- Emily Chapman Richards (Daughter of Grammy Award-Winning Musician) – Episode 075
- J.J. Birden (former NFL Wide Receiver) – Episode 074
- Amy Morin (13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do) – Episode 060
- Betsy Butterick (Communication Specialist) – Episode 013
- Greg & Julie Gorman (“Two are Better Than One”) – Episode 012
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) – Episode 001
Brittany & Billy Horschel in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”