Shoshanna Gabriel is a Christian inspirational fiction writer. She has a very unique story as she was was previously known as Shoshanna Evers, a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author who wrote erotic fiction from 2009-2015 and was published by large New York publishing houses. At the end of 2015, after much thought and prayer, she changed her life and career path to be for God’s glory completely, giving up a new six-book contract and literary agent for the privilege of starting over to write for God’s glory as Shoshanna Gabriel.
No one expected a Jewish erotic romance author from New York to move to the country and find Jesus, least of all Shoshanna herself… but God has a sense of humor, and that’s what happened. She took 2016 off from publishing to raise her new boy/girl twins(!), and started writing sweet Christian inspirational cowboy romance novels set in north Idaho, where she lives with her husband, homeschools their three kids, wrangles three big dogs named after flowers, and takes in the wonder of the incredible evergreen-covered mountain landscape.
While published as Shoshanna Evers, Amazon had listed her as one of the “Most Popular Authors in Romance,” as well as one of the “Most Popular Authors in Contemporary Romance”. Reviewers have said Shoshanna has “…beautiful writing, and a truly imaginative and wonderfully descriptive storyline” (Night Owl Reviews) with stories where “the plot is fresh and the pacing excellent, the emotions…real and poignant.” (The Romance Studio). She hopes to bring the gift of storytelling that God blessed her with to her new inspirational books written under the Gabriel name.
Shoshanna used to work as a syndicated advice columnist in NY and a registered nurse, but now she’s a full-time author, home-schooling mom, and the co-founder of SelfPubBookCovers.com, the world’s leading marketplace of high-quality, affordable premade book covers for indie authors, available instantly.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Writing fiction stories and the life of a writer
- Conversion from Orthodox Jew to Born-Again Christian
- Going from writing best-selling erotic novels to Christian romance novels
- How authors can get high-quality and low priced book covers
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Shoshanna’s awesome website for making book covers: www.selfpubbookcovers.com
Self Pub Book Covers Twitter: @selfpubbkcovers
For a detailed explanation of this big change, read her blog post “Saying Goodbye to Erotic Romance“.
Click here to read the article “What happens when a BDSM Author Converts to Christianity.”
Bear Creek Saddle Series by Shoshanna Gabriel . . .
- Second Chances for Trampled Hearts: Sweet Inspirational Cowboy Romance (Book 1)
- Bear Creek Saddle Cowboy: Sweet Inspirational Cowboy Romance (Book 2)
- The Rancher’s Convenient Pregnant Bride: Sweet Inspirational Cowboy Romance (Book 3)
Get all three books . . .
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Todd Gongwer (author of LEAD…for God’s Sake) – Episode 062
- Amy Morin (“13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do”) – Episode 060
- Michael Catt (Pastor/Producer of Facing the Giants) – Episode 049
- Lolly Daskal (Fortune 500 Business Coach) – Episode 044
- Chad R. Allen (Editorial Director for Baker Books) – Episode 034
- Kevin Harrington (original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Mridu Parikh (Life is Organized productivity coach) – Episode 020
- Greg & Julie Gorman (authors of “Two Are Better Than One”) – Episode 012
Shoshanna Gabriel in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”