Todd Gongwer is the best-selling author of “LEAD…for God’s Sake. The book has been called a “game changer” by national championship football coach Urban Meyer. It has been credited with having a huge impact on Coach Meyer’s decision to come out of the broadcast booth and take over the reigns of the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Todd is ﬁrst and foremost, a husband and father. His expertise in leadership and cultural dynamics comes from a broad range of experiences in the world of business and athletics, spanning over 25 years. He has held numerous executive positions in companies ranging from entrepreneurial start-up to public entity, while also serving as an assistant college basketball coach for over a decade.
Following the successful launch of the Need to LEAD program, a systematic approach to shaping team culture, Todd wrote LEAD…for God’s Sake, A parable for ﬁnding the heart of leadership. As the popularity of the book grew, stories of its powerful impact surfaced in such noted publications as ESPN Magazine, Yahoo Sports, ESPN.com and Forbes.com. Testimonies from high proﬁle coaches, business leaders, and educators from around the country continued to stream in, affording Todd the opportunity to work directly with some of the most successful leaders, teams and organizations in America.
Today, when Todd isn’t coaching his own children, he travels throughout the country speaking, teaching, and coaching on the topics of leadership, purpose and cultural dynamics. He lives in Indiana with his wife Traci and their three children; Kaden, Kira, and their newest arrival from Haiti, Wadson.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Writing a best-selling novel
- Working with Urban Meyer and other famous coaches
- Leadership and culture in organizations
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Books Recommended …
- LEAD…for God’s Sake! A Parable for Finding the Heart of Leadership by Todd Gongwer
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter Drucker
- The Essential Drucker: The Best of Sixty Years of Peter Drucker’s Essential Writings by Peter Drucker
- Primal Leadership: Unleashing the Power of Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goldman
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis
- Developing the Leader Within You by John C. Maxwell
- Becoming a Person of Influence: How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others by John C. Maxwell
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of Todd’ s best-selling book “LEAD . . . for God’s Sake.” Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Todd Gongwer in Action
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”