Brandon Bostick is a former NFL Tight End. He is originally from South Carolina and starred at West Florence HS before going to Newberry College. While at Newberry, he played Wide Receiver and scored 19 touchdowns in only 39 total collegiate games (24 starts). Brandon’s journey has been a story of overcoming the odds to achieve his goals. He played two full seasons with the Green Bay Packers. He would also spend time with the Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, and New York Jets during his NFL career. Unfortunately, on January 15, 2015 in the NFC Championship Game, he was involved in a play that would be the low point in his career. He fumbled an onside kick, which gave the Seattle Seahawks one last chance to score. The Seahawks scored and would eventually win the game in overtime, advancing to the Super Bowl. Despite this setback Brandon has maintained a positive attitude. He is a good example of a person being resilient and understanding how blessed he is. He had a great career and got to play with some of the best to ever play the game of football.
- His journey to defy the odds and become an NFL player
- What it was like playing with Aaron Rodgers and in Green Bay
- The qualities of successful NFL players
- Advice for bouncing back and overcoming setbacks in life
Resources, Books, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Everybody Fumbles by Earnest Bynar
Recommended Articles about Brandon:
- Earnest Byner Tries to Help Ease Brandon Bostick’s Anguish (ESPN)
- Brandon Bostick still haunted by onside kick (Pro Football Focus)
- Brandon Bostick relives the onside kick that forever changed his life (Sports Illustrated)
- Empathy for Brandon Bostick (from radio personality & former NFL player Ross Tucker)
- How One NFL All-Time Goat is Trying to Help Another (NY Post)
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Keith Grabowski (USA Football “Coach & Coordinator” Show) – Episode 083
- Paul Tesori (PGA Caddie for Web Simpson) – Episode 080
- Sue Enquist (Hall of Fame Softball Coach) – Episode 077
- JJ Birden (former NFL Wide Receiver) – Episode 074
- Adam Levitan (Fantasy Football Expert) – Episode 029
- Kelly Roach (Best-Selling Author and Former NFL Cheerleader) – Episode 018
- Alan Stein, Jr. (World-class Performance Coach) – Episode 003
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) – Episode 001
Brandon Bostick in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”