Paul Tesori is the caddie for professional golfer Webb Simpson. Paul was on the bag when Webb won the 2012 U.S. Open and 2018 THE PLAYERS Championship. In addition to Webb Simpson, Paul has caddied for some of the best golfers in the world including former #1 player Vijay Singh. In total, he has more than 20 wins as a PGA caddie.
We caught up with Paul between THE PLAYERS and the Open Championship (to be held at Carnoustie, Scotland). The memories of the record-setting performance at THE PLAYERS was still fresh in his mind (especially since it is played at TPC Sawgrass, which is Paul’s home course). Webb led THE PLAYERS Championship from start to finish. Along the way, he equaled the course record with his 2nd-round 63, and also the 36-hole and 54-hole PLAYERS scoring records. With the win, Webb became just the 9th player to have won THE PLAYERS and a U.S. Open. The victory also made Webb World Golf Hall of Fame eligible in the future.
Paul is a Florida native and attended the University of Florida. He grew up loving sports and played golf and baseball. He was such a good golfer that he even played 21 events on the PGA Tour himself. Paul and his wife Michelle run the Tesori Family Foundation, which was founded in 2009. The foundation helps supports various charities throughout the country with focuses ranging from childhood homelessness to battered women’s shelters, from children battling disease like cancer to animal rescue charities like the Jacksonville Humane Society.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Webb’s runaway win at the 2018 Players Championship
- Why mental toughness is important in golf and life
- What he says to a golfer during a round
- Caddie-Golfer relationships, especially after breakups
Resources, Books, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Paul’s Twitter: @PaulTesori
Michelle Tesori’s Twitter: @MrsTesori
Foundation Website: TesoriFamilyFoundation.org
Foundation Facebook: Facebook.com/TesoriFamilyFoundation
Foundation Instagram: @TesoriFamilyFdt
PTI Sports Marketing: www.PassionTalentIntegrity.com
Webb Simpson’s Twitter: @WebbSimpson1
Articles of interest …
- “PGA Tour Caddie ‘Walks a Mile in my Shoes’ to Raise Funds for Family Foundation”
- “How PGA Tour Caddie Paul Tesori Brings God into Golf”
- “Webb Simpson Finds Kindred Spirit in Caddie Paul Tesori” (ESPN article from when they first joined forces in 2012)
- “Jordan Spieth Lends a Hand to a Caddie with a Heartfelt Mission”
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Emily Chapman Richards (V.P. of Show Hope) – Episode 075
- JJ Birden (former NFL Wide Receiver) – Episode 074
- Todd Gongwer (author of LEAD…for God’s Sake) – Episode 062
- Michael Catt (Pastor and Producer of Facing the Giants) – Episode 049
- Jason Romano (Sports Spectrum host) – Episode 045
- Greg & Julie Gorman (authors of Two Are Better Than One) – Episode 012
- Pat Williams (Senior VP of the Orlando Magic) – Episode 004
Paul Tesori in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”