Pat Williams is a co-founder and the Senior Vice President of the NBA’s Orlando Magic. He is the father of 19 children, including 14 of whom are adopted. He has climbed Mt. Rainer and run more than 50 marathons. In 1996 he was named as one of the most influential people in NBA history. He played professional baseball before becoming an executive. In 1983, he won the NBA World Championship as the General Manager of the Philadelphia 76ers. Williams has authored more than 100 books, with his most recent book being “The Intersection of Success”.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- The secret of success
- How to parent and raise kids in today’s culture
- Why people don’t always live up to their potential
- How he finishes at least 1 book per day
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
All of Pat’s books are great but these are my personal suggestions:
- The Success Intersection: What Happens When Your Talent Meets Your Passion
- Leadership Excellence: The Seven Sides of Leadership for the 21st Century
- How To Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life
- Who Wants To Be A Champion?: 10 Building Blocks To Help You Become Everything You Can Be!
- The Paradox of Power: A Transforming View of Leadership
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Download a free Pat Williams audio book from our friends at Audible!
Pat Williams in Action
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”