Misty Young is the best author of the best-selling book “From Rags to Restaurants: The Secret Recipe”. In 2003, she leveraged everything she owned and bought the “cutest little hippie restaurant” north of Lake Tahoe, California. The Squeeze In restaurant north of Lake Tahoe was her family’s favorite restaurant so in 2003, she leveraged everything she owned and bought the “cutest little hippie restaurant”. Since then they have grown sales from half a million to more than $5 million. Misty personally owns 5 restaurants and is a partner in 8 others. Her family and the Squeeze In restaurant was featured on Food Network’s Bobby Flay Throwdown. The Restaurant Lady is the creator of the Restaurant Smart program and teaches people how to grow their business and franchise their restaurants.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- How systems and processes can make all the difference in your business
- Her experience working in politics
- When her 19-year old daughter introduced her to John Maxwell’s leadership principles
- The time that she was the Master of Ceremonies at a conference until she was replaced by Miss America
- Work-life balance as she is constantly surrounded by family at work