Dr. Tim Elmore is the founder and president of “Growing Leaders”. He founded it in 2003. Growing Leaders is a global nonprofit that encourages and equips young adults to take on real-life opportunities and challenges in the classroom, in their careers, and in the community.
Growing Leaders does this by partnering with organizations to teach practical life and leadership skills using real stories, intriguing images, and engaging experiences that are relatable and memorable. The process and resources are grounded in research and a unique understanding of the emerging generations, and recognize that leading others at any level begins with learning how to lead yourself.
Tim spends his time teaching leadership courses and speaks at schools, universities, business, and athletic programs. He has trained thousands of leaders in partnership with nationally renowned schools and organizations like the San Francisco Giants, Stanford University, Virginia Tech, University of Alabama Athletics, Duke University, University of Texas, Chick-fil-a, Cici’s Pizza, Delta, and more.
Dr. Elmore has also authored more than 30 books including: Habitudes®: Images that Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes, Artificial Maturity: Helping Kids Meet the Challenge of Becoming Authentic Adults, Generation iY: Secrets to Connecting With Today’s Teens & Young Adults in the Digital Age, 12 Huge Mistakes Parents Can Avoid, Life Giving Mentors, and Nurturing the Leader Within Your Child. His newest book is Marching Off The Map: Inspire Students to Navigate a Brand New World
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- How to reach this current generation of students
- What does the phrase “habitudes” mean
- What is the differences between generations
- Stories about James Bond and Jim Harbaugh
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Tim’s Facebook: www.facebook.com/drtimelmore
Tim’s Twitter: @TimElmore
Books by Tim Elmore . . .
- Habitudes®: Images that Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes
- Artificial Maturity: Helping Kids Meet the Challenge of Becoming Authentic Adults
- Generation iY: Secrets to Connecting With Today’s Teens & Young Adults in the Digital Age
- 12 Huge Mistakes Parents Can Avoid
- Life Giving Mentors
- Nurturing the Leader Within Your Child
- Marching Off The Map: Inspire Students to Navigate a Brand New World
Books Recommended by Tim . . .
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel Pink
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest …
- Todd Gongwer (author of LEAD…for God’s Sake) – Episode 062
- Darrin Gray (All Pro Dads) – Episode 059
- Michael Catt (Pastor/Producer of Facing the Giants) – Episode 049
- Lolly Daskal (Fortune 500 Business Coach) – Episode 044
- Ruston Pierce (Mt. Pisgah Head of School) – Episode 039
- Kevin Harrington (original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Jeremie Kubicek (President of GiANT Worldwide) – Episode 015
- Dwane Casey (Toronto Raptors head coach) – Episode 001
Tim Elmore in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”