Tim Hall is the Director of Athletics at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). He was also appointed President of the Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Association (ADA) in the summer of 2017 and has served as the chairman of the NCAA Committee on Women’s Athletics. During the 2018 NCAA Tournament, the UMBC Retrievers Men’s Basketball team made history when they became the first ever No. 16 seed to beat the No. 1 seed when they beat Virginia by 20 points, 74-54. Tim has previously served as the Athletic Director at the University of Missouri at Kansas City. Before heading up his own departments, he was the assistant A.D. at Eastern Kentucky University, Saint Xavier University, Youngstown State University, and Kent State University.
- The historic upset that the men’s basketball team had in the 2018 NCAA Tournament
- Social media creativity of UMBC athletic communication staff during the tournament
- Ways to build a mid-major athletic program
- Hiring and keeping good team members
- What makes UMBC so special
Resources, Books, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
UMBC Twitter: @UMBCathletics
Click here for UMBC’s Youtube channel
Articles of interest …
- UMBC stuns Virginia to make NCAA tournament history as first No. 16 seed beat No. 1 seed
- UMBC’s Tim Hall named president of Division I-AAA Athletics
- This man once dreamed UMBC’s upset could happen for UMKC
- Man behind UMBC’s Twitter Account Also Takes a Victory Lap
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Dan Tudor (Recruiting Expert) – Episode 076
- Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino (“Best Ever You” Network & Author of “Percolate”) – Episode 073
- Curtis Hollomon (NCAA Director of Leadership Development) – Episode 064
- Todd Gongwer (Best-Selling Author of “LEAD… for God’s Sake”) – Episode 062
- Mike Hamilton (former Tennessee Athletic Director) – Episode 043
- Jay Korff (Award-Winning Washington DC reporter) – Episode 023
- Kevin Harrington (Original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
- Anton Goff (St. John’s University AD) – Episode 010
- Brian Stanchak (College Basketball Coaching Agent) – Episode 002
- Dwane Casey (2018 NBA Coach of the Year) – Episode 001
Tim Hall in Action
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”