Tracie Hitz is a personal and professional branding strategist with more than 20 years of branding, marketing and sales experience in the sports industry. She launched Hitz & Branding, LLC in June 2018 after twenty years in the sports industry. In this new endeavor she helps people set goals, tell a story, land a date, land a job, or land anything they want.
Immediately before founding Hitz & Branding, LLC., Tracie was the Director of Championships & Alliances at the NCAA. In her first year, she oversaw the 2014 Women’s Final Four sales efforts that led to a sold-out arena in a first-time host city, and the following year she led the charge to record the largest attendance at a Women’s Final Four since 2010. Tracie came to the national office after working in the C-Suite as the Chief Marketing Officer at Old Hat Creative for 3.5 years where she doubled its annual revenue each year working with over 80 professional and collegiate sports organizations.
She was named to the C-Suite for the NACMA Board of Directors in 2008 and was the Board advisor from 2010-2013. She has been a member of the UNC Center for Research in Intercollegiate Athletics Board of Advisors and the IUPUI Tourism, Conventions and Event Management Advisory Board since 2015. She received her bachelorʼs degree in Communication (Journalism) from Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri in 1997 and her masterʼs degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from Northwestern University in 2003.
- Different branding and marketing strategies for individuals and businesses
- Career journey in athletics
- Using social media to tell a story
- Dating and relationship advice
- … and so much more!!!
Resources, Books, and Links
Chicago Tribune Blog: ChicagoNow.com/hitz-mrs
Articles of interest …
- Living Outside My Comfort Zone Pushes Me Beyond Mediocre
- Being Rejected on The Steve Harvey Show Boosted My Confidence
- LISTEN: Kickapoo native Tracie Hitz, a local girl done good
- Tracie Hitz Named Director of Business Development for Old Hat Creative
Past “Success is a Choice” podcast episodes of interest . . .
- Tim Hall (UMBC Athletic Director) – Episode 095
- Stephanie Harvey (5x World Champion Professional eSports Gamer) – Episode 087
- Melissa Agnes (Crisis Preparedness & Brand Management Expert) – Episode 083
- Dayvee Sutton (National Lifestyle & Travel Correspondent) – Episode 082
- Kevin DeShazo (Social Media Expert & Fieldhouse Media Founder) – Episode 079
- Larry Winget (The Pitbull of Personal Development) – Episode 054
- Alicia Jessop (Pepperdine Sports Law Professor & Founder of Ruling Sports) – Episode 047
- Kevin Harrington (Original Shark on “Shark Tank”) – Episode 021
This Episode is Sponsored By Audible
Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial (new subscribers only) at www.audibletrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. Our friends at audible are offering a free download of some of our past guests including Todd Gongwer, Kevin Harrington, Lolly Daskal, Bob Burg, Amy Morin, Michael Burt, Larry Winget, Jon Gordon, and Pat Williams. Take advantage of this great deal by visiting www.AudibleTrial.com/SuccessIsAChoice.
Rate and Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.
You can tell your friends on Twitter about this episode by sharing the tweet below or spreading the word by using the share buttons below.
Thanks again for listening and remember that “Success is a choice. What choice will you make today?”